Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Leaving for Uganda Today

Please pray that I will have…
• Wisdom to understand God’s purpose and plan for this mission (Colossians 1:9).
• Sensitivity to the immediate and real presence of Jesus (1 Corinthians 3:16).
• Discernment to the moving of the Holy Spirit and a compelling obedience to respond to his instruction (1 Samuel).
• Listening ears and a compassionate heart for the people we serve (Job 33:1).
• Ministry to people who are grieving (Psalm 10:14).
• A message of joy and hope for the children in the orphanages (Jeremiah 49:11).
• A personal sense of sin and confession, and forgiveness and mercy (1 John 1:5-6).
• A personal sense of safety and freedom (Proverbs 18:10).

As I prepared this list, I got this image in my mind of the kind of list Santa is often shown reviewing before delivering gifts for Christmas…this long, scrolling, never-ending list. I believe the message is that I could never adequately ask for all the gifts I need in preparation for such a trip. Not only could I never think of all that will be needed, but I could never know all that will be needed. Rather, I can trust that my God will supernaturally provide and that the Spirit will prompt and that Jesus will be made real.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment