Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lake Ann Camp

Next week I will be volunteering at Lake Ann Camp for Mission #3. Lake Ann Camp exists to challenge individuals in a group setting to make biblical, life-changing decisions through unique learning experiences. In support of an increasing number of local churches and families, Lake Ann Camp strives to ignite a fire in the hearts of young people and mentor that flame to spiritual maturity.

The Camp offers a variety of summer camps for kids from fourth grade through senior high school. They also offer retreats throughout the year for both youth and adults.

All I know thus far is that I will be “happily serving Jesus one hungry camper at a time” (i.e., working in the kitchen). How’s that for flexibility? I have no idea what exactly I’ll be doing, when I need to arrive, what my lodging will be…and I’m not really all that worried about it either. I love waiting to see what God will do instead of trying to make a plan for everything. I know, try not to gasp out loud at that. There is hope for me yet (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment