Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, June 18, 2010

Greetings from the Children

Greetings in Kyamagemule is a hands-on experience. The children swarmed on us as if we were Santa Claus. One little baby bawled at the sight of me. But of course their little lives have not been spoiled by such things. Their interest was in part the return of the Mercy Uganda team and for the wonderful things they’re doing here. And in part, their interest was at having mzungu (white people) come to their far-away village.


These beautiful children, dressed in school uniforms handed down from a Christian school in Florida, crowded around me and pawed every inch of my exposed skin. Some even smelled their own hands after they touched me to see if white people have a different scent. I’ve never had so many dirty little hands all over my body at the same time, it was the most heavenly experience I have ever had!

Did you know you can hold five little hands in one adult hand all at once and that all up each arm at least another 20 hands can hold onto you? When walking up toward the school, all those little bodies will move with you in a swarm. Have I mentioned that my love language is touch?

No comments:

Post a Comment