Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Third Way

I’m finding it difficult to make the head and heart transition away from Mercy Uganda and toward the next mission adventure, Lake Ann Camp. I don’t have the luxury of two months of mental and emotional processing time between Uganda and Lake Ann like I did between Alaska and Uganda. It feels a little like overload.

To fully engage myself in the experience of My Second Year, I have dedicated my focus to the upcoming mission. This is not to say that I forget what has gone on before but instead that I want to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace. To do that, I need to focus on the upcoming mission so that I can also be sensitive to the Spirit and his promptings rather than be distracted by the past. Does that make any sense?

But…must it be that way? In my own mind I’ve created compartments for each trip, for each experience. But am I really doing the right thing by creating that separation or boundary? Can they coexist? Can I mentally and emotionally manage having my heart in two places? Can I dedicate myself to Lake Ann Camp in the way I desire and they deserve and still be in love with Uganda?

There must be a third way, a way that does not require division or separation. I know that God can and will use all that I loved and learned while in Uganda to bless the people at Lake Ann Camp. And I know that I never have to choose one or the other, I don’t have to pick a favorite, or be loyal to only one. So many worthy and wonderful missions exist and they can also coexist thereby making my world richer and fuller in a way I’ve never known before.

No comments:

Post a Comment