Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ministry Work

The third day was spent working to finalize more of the Mercy Uganda constitution in order that they could apply for NGO status while in Uganda. Given the important work that had been accomplished so far, and the work that was yet to be done, it was no surprise that the task wasn’t quite finished. Laura continues to be excited about the progress we make and she thanks God for my participation. I have been invited to merge the U.S. document with the newly developed Ugandan document and address those areas in need of refinement.

I wondered what my contribution would be to the mission given that I was coming alone. I worried about being in the way and feeling like a fifth wheel. Yet I can’t help but feel that somehow God has put my education and experience to the best use yet in helping develop these governing documents and in helping form a system for operating Mercy Uganda as it grows and expands.

As I write I think my supporters are wondering when the real ministry work will begin. Henry helped us develop a schedule of things that needed to be accomplished while in Uganda and the constitution was one of the most important things for the success of the organization. The ministry work is coming too and I’m so excited about the variety of activities in which I’ll have the opportunity to participate. In the mean time, I will try hard not to question the ministry-related validity of helping the ministry organize to achieve its ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment