Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, June 18, 2010

Sponsor Millie


Millie is this beautiful little girl in a dress of many colors. She is just a bit shy but smiled when I held her, She was one of many children who walked up to me and put their backs against my legs so that I could put my hands on their shoulders and eventually bend down to grip them in a warm hug. Her right ear is torn and oozing as if a piercing got infected, and blood dribbles slowly from her nose. Without treatment – perhaps with medicine that costs less than $20 – this precious little one could become quite sick.

Millie is an orphan; no one knows who her parents are. She’s currently living with an old lady who is also caring for a baby with malaria. People here have nothing and they divide that nothing to share with whoever is in need.

We’ve not collected all the necessary information for this dear one to officially register her as a child available for sponsorship through Mercy Uganda, but that will be done within the next few weeks. I’d like to ask you to prayerfully consider sponsoring this child. For $450 annually, she will receive an education, real food for lunch rather than porridge, and she will have your love. You will be able to send care packages and could choose whether or not you wished to fund anything extra for Millie, such as medical care, clothing, or supplemental needs.

Before coming to Uganda and all while I’ve been here I wait on God to show me which needs to bring before you. There are hundreds more needs that I’ve seen and tens of thousands of needs that I’ve not seen. Please know that I am not making this request without the direction of our Father, which means there is someone out there who will hear this call. If you’re the one, please visit Mercy Uganda or let me know and once we get all the information I will connect you with the right people.

No comments:

Post a Comment