Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prayed for a Muslim Woman

We had an appointment to have x-rays made of Kato’s (Kaa-tow) malformed legs at the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services of Uganda hospital. It’s worth clicking through to this site to see a few pictures of the extreme type of work they do. A doctor in the U.S. will be evaluating Kato’s x-rays in hopes of performing corrective surgery at no cost to him or his family. While waiting for Henry to navigate the system, we saw many extreme needs patients waiting for their turn. One guy stood out because he had a rod the size of an empty paper towel roll attached to the side of his arm with four screws sticking out. Okay, painful but probably better than the alternative. I couldn’t help but think…what if one of those screws that stuck out at least two inches got caught on something and yankes…yoweeee.

I noticed a woman sitting in the waiting area with a son who appeared to have a developmental disorder. I tried to ignore her but you know how God can be so I gave in and went over to her. I introduced myself, talked about why I was at the hospital, and asked if I could pray for her. She agreed and said that she wanted prayer that she could return to the University to finish school. She said she had the funds and she had child care so I wasn’t sure what she needed prayer for. Oh well, press forward.

I began by asking Jesus by name to join us as we brought Renee’s needs before him. There was no mistake that my prayer was one calling on Christ to meet these needs. After the prayer I chatted with Renee and her son a little longer and then returned to my seat. Just a few minutes later her Muslim husband (as demonstrated by his traditional attire) sat down. Yikes, did I just pray for a Muslim woman in Jesus’ name? Well, she said I could. Still, I’m a little embarrassed. I guess if I would have known I would never have approached her. Who knows what God will do now.

1 comment:

  1. Muslims beleive in Jesus Christ(peace be upon him) so what should it matter?

    ReplyDelete