Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, June 12, 2010

To Market

Lauren took me to the Kawuku (Cow-coo) market walking via the canyonous roads and to my surprise a pile of screaming, smiling children erupted into a nearby yard. “Mzungu, hi mzungu, muzunu.” Happy, screaming children. The mzungu they were referring to was me – white person (Lauren is African American). I said gebaleko (jay-ba-lake-o), hello in Lagundan, and they cheered some more. I asked if I could take their picture and they got all excited. When I showed them the result…more cheering. Take a look at these adorable children of Uganda.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you have everything under as much control as you could ask to have..........at least thus far........
    Yes, you can handle driving that motorbike......just do NOT stray too far from the main "drag."
    Ummmmm, any dancing while you're on a new continent???? xoxoxo Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, in addition to a photo opportunity, did you have any coloring books left to distribute???
    oxoxo,
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marty, Henry, Gabriel, Laura, and Lauren have all said they want to learn a dance to Billie Jean to perform at an upcoming birthday party. I'm not sure how much time we'll have but wouldn't that be a hoot! I'll be sure to take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marty, I still have all the coloring books. We'll be going to Kyamugamule later this week and the coloring books and crayons will come with me. I hope to get pictures then. :)

    ReplyDelete