Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

If It Ain't Broke, Break It!

Another core value at Lake Ann Camp is “If it ain’t broke, break it!” They say that in their quest to make an eternal difference, I should not be surprised to see established programs sidelined in deference to relevant new opportunities. They say that “embracing constructive change is essential to creating an environment where life-change happens.”

Have they been watching me? Remember my new friend “flexibility?” We’ve become quite close…most of the time. What I’ve noticed most about my new friend is that I’m free to respond to the Holy Spirit in a way that I might (or definitely would) have missed before.

I think of all the needs that were spontaneously met in Uganda. Had I stuck to the process I might have reserved my funds and my heart for just what was promised/planned. Instead, I was able to let go of those programs and respond to the deep needs of the people in a way that actually made a difference. How cool is that!

I can’t wait to see what God will do while serving the youth, volunteers, and leaders at Lake Ann Camp. My God is limited only by my own mind…and even then, sometimes, I am surprised.

Nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).

No comments:

Post a Comment