Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, June 14, 2010

Calvary Chapel

We attended Calvary Chapel for church on Sunday. The building is a modest brick one on the side of a beautiful hill, there was a nice breeze at the top of that hill. The order of the service was very much like an American service – worship, prayer, message, and more worship. Worship was wonderful, very charismatic and I participated fully and joyfully. Over the course of the week I had been beginning to miss connecting with God in this way.

A tarp was laid on the ground in the back of the room for the children who gathered there to worship with far more enthusiasm than the rest of the group. The boy in this picture had some real pizzazz in his worship style. Regardless of the level of charisma expressed by the variety of people there, God definitely lives in Africa.

The message was given in Lagunda language and translated into English by a student from a ministry school. The pastor talked about being baptized in the Spirit, and the resulting gifts of tongues and prophesy. This message was right down my alley – thanks to my own pastor’s teachings. I almost asked if we could do a firestorm but the pastor said most of the congregation does not yet understand the baptism in the Spirit yet. Rats, my pastor would have been so proud.

Before the service, almost all those attending the service introduced themselves to us when they came in and again when they left. I got all bold and asked several women if I could pray with them and they allowed me to. I expected them to ask for food or jobs but instead they asked for wisdom and knowledge. Made me wanna cry. Such very sweet people.

No comments:

Post a Comment