Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Women's Conference

Lauren arranged a women’s conference at her church during our visit. The plan is for Laura and me to speak at this conference on Monday evening. During our meeting with Veronica from The Comfort Center, we learned she would have a well-known guest in town and so both of these ladies will also have time to speak.

The general theme is marriage and family but the ladies, after I was introduced in church as “knowing a lot about business,” also asked to have that topic addressed. I need to prepare a 20 minute presentation, including translation time, about business. I believe I’ll develop my section of the conference so as to address maintaining Christian values in business practices. Given the corrupt nature of many Ugandans, I believe planting this seed will be useful for these women.

The assumption is made that whenever American’s come, they pay for everything. On the surface this norm seems contrary to American culture. In reality the Ugandan’s can scarcely pay for food let alone the materials needed for a conference with 50 women. Please consider contributing $75.00 for food for the 50 women expected to attend this conference. In most cases, this will be the only meal these ladies have that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment