Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, June 18, 2010

Clean Water

In my Mission Trip #2 announcement post I described my reason for choosing Uganda. In addition to sponsoring a child in another area, my friend’s dear husband provided a matching gift to sponsor a well for the remote village of Kyamagemule. At present, the children walk more than a half mile to a small hole filled with something that resembles water to replenish their yellow cans with this liquid that cannot replenish their bodies.

The photo of the children washing their lunch mugs behind the auditorium/classroom is the desired location of that well. Not only will the children be able to remain in class rather than traipsing out to get water, but they’ll also have CLEAN water to drink on demand.

The September trip to Kyamagemule will commence well digging. I cannot thank my friend and her husband enough – as well as those who stepped up to take advantage of that matching gift – for being obedient to God’s prompting and for stepping into the lives of these most deserving people. I can promise you all that you’ve made a very fine decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment