Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Camp

I’ve never been to summer camp, although I have been camping in the summer. I wonder how different they really are.

I thought summer camp was all about the kids, the fun, and Jesus (if you go to a Christian camp). From what I remember, they have activities like archery, horseback riding, praise and worship, Bible drills, crafts, postcards, and swimming. Campers meet people from all over the world (or at least the state). They build friendships that make them want to return each year.

The Lake Ann Camp brochure, however, shows the camp as having an AquaGlide Revolution (a giant water thingy), the Screamin’ Eagle (an 800 foot zipline), paintball (which explains the war paint), and a fight night (or maybe this explains the war paint). The “what to bring” section of their website mentions brininging clothes that can be ruined (i.e., extreme fun).

These activities perfectly align with the camp’s value “You Cannot Teach an Unhappy Camper: Fun is not only a key expectation of our campers, it is also fully compatible with everything good and wholesome about our Heavenly Father, the author of every good and perfect gift. We laugh a lot!”

Seriously? This is not the camp I remember hearing about. I’m kinda envious now. I want to be a camper and a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment