Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mission Trip #2: Uganda

Choosing the second of three mission trips planned for this year was no easy task. Using the same method as was used to identify the Alaska trip didn’t seem quite right. I began attending mission meetings at local churches – each opportunity was equally viable. But none tugged at my heart the same way Alaska did. I encouraged myself to keep looking and to be confident that God would affirm the next trip by giving me that same feeling again.

Almost at that moment I realized what mission trip #2 would be. A few weeks earlier a very close friend shared her late night experience with the Children’s Fund on television and how that led her to seek out a local organization and sponsor a child. She spoke so highly of this organization and of the personal relationship she began with the woman organizing the sponsorships. I loved to hear her talk with such compassion about these children and to see how her heart was being softened toward the things of God.

In honor of this very special friend, I am going to Uganda to visit the child she is sponsoring and to serve the agency responsible for the work in that country.

Where you go, I will go (Ruth 1:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment