Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chapel #3: Prayer Changes Things

Based on Luke 11, Ken said that prayer is a means to an end. I must pray to accomplish God’s will.

• But God is so big, he doesn’t need me. Divine-human cooperation (that’s from my pastor) is desired by God to bring his will to fruition.
• God has a plan and it will be done. If I don’t pray, he’ll use someone else. Do I want to give up that opportunity?
• Prayer is work, invisible work. Illustration of turning the oats every day for two weeks so they dry rather than heat up and burn the barn down.

I often feel that my prayers are powerless and that God’s will shall be accomplished with or without me. Yet the way Ken described prayer during chapel gave me some new perspectives to think about.

“For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” (Luke 11:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment