Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Packing for Lake Ann Camp

Today I realized that I don’t have to go shopping in preparation for Mission Trip #3: Lake Ann Camp. Happy dance!

Most volunteers stay in their own camper, but I’ve been told there will likely be room for me in a cabin with some of the girls. I love that I’m getting the opportunity to serve in the kitchen and that I’ll have the opportunity to interact with the campers on a more personal level too.

Throughout the week I’ve been making a note of the things I might forget: Malaria medication (a residual requirement from having been to Uganda), Bible, sleeping bag and pillow, DEET, cool weather clothes, bathing suit, flashlight, towel, sandals, camera, a watch with an alarm, pajamas, and sun block. I’m thinking I’ll bring a fan too, just in case such a luxury might be useful. I wonder if I could bring my kayak or canoe? I wonder if I could bring my walking shoes? I wonder if I’ll be allowed out of the kitchen at all.

I asked if I needed to bring my own meals and supplies like toilet paper. The man I’ll be working under said, “The toilet paper is on me.” Um…I can arrange for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment