Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beaverdam Baptist Church

Pastor Phil brought a team of 18 people on the mission trip to Alaska and I wrote about this group in a previous post about Southern Hospitality. When I arrived at church Sunday morning, Big John was waiting for me, all smiles. Inside, all those folks who had been on the mission trip wrapped themselves around me…some of them did so several times. Remember my love language is touch. Yep, I love that kind of welcome!

But then…everyone I met in the church did the same thing. Without even knowing who I was or that I’d been a guest of Pastor Phil, everyone else at the church introduced themselves and gave me a big hug. One dear lady said they don’t do handshakes. I could love a church like this for sure. I could easily see how this church and Pastor Phil fit together perfectly. I dare not guess who came first, but they were certainly all very sweet people.

I attended Sheila’s Sunday school class and was so impressed by how much the people cared for one another. We may have spent a bit of time socializing, but I could hear the content of that socializing as ministry. Pastor Phil taught about Revelation and revival in the morning and evening services. Monday’s prayer night was probably the most moving, there wasn’t a dry eye in the place. So many needs were lifted up to the Lord. I pray that the Holy Spirit would rain down on the people of Laurens County and that they would find their home among the people of Beaverdam Baptist Church.

“Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” (John 13:34-35).

No comments:

Post a Comment