Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Stand

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

We sang this song in worship tonight before chapel, including a few verses I’d never heard before. This is one song that I can’t help but let the tears flow down my cheeks sometimes. I don’t know if it was Rick’s favorite song, probably not. But it was one of two songs I asked the worship team to sing at his memorial service.

I will never forget what he looked like standing in the sound booth at church with his arms spread wide open as far as they would stretch, his head tilted back, his eyes closed, and the words of the song coming from his lips. He may have even forgotten all about the sound needs of the worship team during this particular song. Total and absolute love and abandon. Sometimes when we sing this song I look back to that sound booth thinking I might get one more glimpse of him there. That picture in my mind. My curly-haired Ricky singing to God with his whole heart. I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment