Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, July 5, 2010

Never Under-Expect from God

Immediately after Rick died I had this calming sense that God would bring happiness and joy back into my life at some time in the future. I just knew it. As My Second Year was opened before me, I found that little by little he was doing just that. Not only was he creating a new kind of happiness and joy but I was totally and completely under-expecting just how good he would be. I don’t deserve it, but I accept his goodness toward me.

As I prepare to leave for Lake Ann Camp this morning, I’m excited about meeting all the new friends. But I’m more excited to see what God will do. As nervous as I am to meet all new people in a place I’ve never been, I trust God. I continue to surprise as he puts the experience together – circumstances, people, needs, abilities. He is so creative, and kind, and loving.

What I look forward to most is how he will use me to help others. Will I listen? Will I be obedient? Will I be bold? Will I love these campers and leaders? The only thing that might hold me back is me. Pray that my expectations of God would not be lowered and that I would have the courage to meet him whenever he calls.

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love drives out all fear, because fear has to do with punishment” (1 John 4:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment