Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunrise #6

Just before my kitchen service was done, Chefy informed me that I’d been appointed to Sunrise #6 – the cabin and room in which I would make my home for the next week. Generally the Camp seems to have lots of large lodge-like buildings each with several dorm rooms, and Sunrise is right next to the dining hall. Room #6 is in the lower level and, as Chefy described, houses the women who are not serving as counselors.

Fourteen beds fill this room in the form of seven bunks. I noticed that all the mattresses were covered in plastic wraps, perhaps they thought I might pee my pants after making a red bucket. Really, though, I’m glad the mattresses are covered.

A number of towels were draped across the beds and in various states of the drying process, although I’m not sure how they’ll dry in this damp, breezeless room. I dragged my junk down and claimed a bed near the door, one with an electrical outlet nearby. I can already tell that the fan will be my very best friend this week, right after the DEET.

No comments:

Post a Comment