Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My First Day

Chefy (Brent) introduced me to Mr. Squishy (trash compactor) and Crusher (box crusher), and the general process for food service. It quickly became apparent that I would like this man. He had a system for everything and emphasized how important those systems were for the smooth function of the kitchen. Yahoo! This is going to be an awesome week.

I was entrusted with a Lake Ann Camp baseball-type cap, brown and ragged and very used, and I was told it was mine until the end of time. Then, an apron of my choosing to be used for the week. Finally, the sacred nametag. I quickly scrawled my name on a crooked slice of paper only to observe the fancy, creative, and colorful ways all the other staff (youth) designed their nametags. Rats, I want a do-over and some crayons.

I began my service by rather clumsily helping as a coordinator of sorts. I don’t remember what the actual job name is but I watched the food lines and made sure each of three had the proper supply for the upcoming camper groups who would file in every quarter hour. Three of us will have this coordinator-like responsibility – Adam, Hannah, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment