Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Kitchen

The kitchen at Lake Ann Camp runs like a well-oiled machine with lots of moving parts. I’m learning a lot about the processes and enjoy helping where I can. This morning we ate “pan cake” with apples topped with cinnamon frosting. Yum. For lunch we had chicken patties and crispy fries (no fries for me, pant-pant).

Spaghetti was on the menu for tonight and I heard there would be no silverware with which to eat this spaghetti. Here’s what one participant looked like after successfully completing his first plate full. Sometimes the food would be arranged in a more attractive manner to further entice passersby.

There are dated shelves for leftover food. There is a rotation system for incoming dry goods – pack on the right, draw from the left. Sounds like the four gallons of milk in my refrigerator. Gotta keep track of which is the oldest and drink it first. There’s even a list of things to do when you think you’re “done” to which I frequently refer. You’d be proud of me doing me two least favorite things – cooking and cleaning – and doing them well (I think).

The team I work with has been starting to show me some of the camp claps and chants. They’ve even invited me to “Fight Night.” I’m afraid of what that is but I look forward to finding out…I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment