Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dedicated to the Cause

Dedication is a critical ingredient for successfully completing Susan G. Komen The 3 Day – that 60 mile walk to end breast cancer forever. Walking every day and increasing the length and difficulty over time helps walkers achieve their end goal…hopefully relatively painlessly.

To illustrate the level of dedication I have exhibited to this mission, you might be interested in the walk I took today. Thanks to the sweet passenger who kindly took my photo as proof of this dedication. While stranded in the airport, I ran up the half flight of down escalators and I ran against traffic on every walking belt I could find…in some cases, I did it twice. It’s not easy to step off the moving platforms let alone to step off them going opposite the direction without falling on your face.

I had visions of tripping as I got on the escalator because of the changing depth of each step. I had visions of tripping as I got on because I couldn’t run fast enough to actually get up the down escalator. I had visions of my back pack strap getting stuck in the grooves of the steps thus dragging me kicking and screaming back in the direction I had come – although I have no idea how this would even be possible. I had visions of someone trying to get on headed in the right direction while I was going in the wrong direction and thus having to abandon my efforts. I had visions of the security guards taking me away in handcuffs while I protested that it was the delay that precipitated this…um…dedication.

Well, none of these things happened. I just got out of breath and had a little fun to pass the time…um…I mean, I was so dedicated I just had to continue my walking exercise while waiting, and waiting, and waiting for my plane to board.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy, nutsy, as always. Love you, dear niece!

    ReplyDelete