Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pastor Phil and Sheila

I had the honor of meeting Pastor Phil and his team of 18 people during Mission Trip #1 in Nome, Alaska. Beaverdam Baptist Church is their home and the church is situated in Laurens County, South Carolina.

I visited with Pastor Phil and his wife Sheila this week. When I arrived, Pastor Phil dropped everything he was doing and we spent several hours just talking. Sheila returned from the grocery store, having bought groceries for me, and showed herself to be a beautiful and very precious woman. They prepared their lake house for me and provided for my every comfort in an abundant way. Pastor Phil and Sheila truly showed me the love of Christ.

As I reflect on the warm way they loved on me, I think about how we are called into relationship with one another. What a wonderful model they’ve created for their family, their church, and for me. For more reasons than one, this couple will forever have a very special place in my heart.

I am struck by the way God began orchestrating this relationship many years ago with a desire to visit Alaska. I believe God had a purpose for bringing Pastor Phil and I to Alaska at just the right time just as I believe he orchestrated our meeting again this week. His timing is perfect and I believe this will not be the last time we meet, but I believe that our stories will continue to intertwine for many years to come.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end” (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment