Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Event Clinic

The volunteers at Susan G. Komen do a terrific job of organizing for the 3-Day for the Cure event. Last night I attended an Event 101 Clinic via phone where walkers (separate meetings are held for crew members) learned more about exactly what happens at the event.

One of the benefits we have is a personal web page, the same place you go to make donations. We are given a number of tools to help us navigate the event such as fundraising tips, a handbook, logos to make business cards or other event materials, training tips, and contact with coaches via email. At this stage, about four weeks prior to the event, we’re asked to perform the necessary steps for online check in:

1. Submit medical form
2. Watch safety video
3. Purchase towel service
4. Reconcile the fundraising account
5. Select a tent mate

The end of the clinic was devoted to Q&A and the coordinator did a great job of responding. I’ve contacted the coaches@the3day.org a few times myself and have had a great experience with them too. The event clinic was well worth my time. While I haven’t completed the online check-in yet, I believe I’m on track to successfully complete this 60 mile walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment