Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Glory Bowl

At each week’s end, Lake Ann Camp holds a Glory Bowl. The event draws all the junior high age through high school age campers to a bowl-like depression in the ground. In the middle of this bowl is a giant pile of wood ready to be set aflame. A few songs and one match later, the pile is lit and the students line up to give their testimonies about what God has done in their lives this week.

The fire blazes on and so does the line of students wanting to give God the glory for their camp experience. I was impressed by how many students felt they were challenged and stretched while here. I thought about how appropriate the Refiner’s fire was for this special event.

I spent some time at the Glory Bowl reflecting on the work God is doing in me through my experience at Lake Ann Camp. Humility, service, and obedience are words that come to mind. I don’t say these words lightly, nor can I honestly say that I didn’t struggle against them. I can also say that I was sometimes embarrassed, which just highlights the fact that I have too much pride.

I can say that I was keenly aware of my purpose here and that I worked hard to fulfill that purpose to God’s glory. I met some wonderful young people who really love Jesus and who are doing their best to grow up in him. I pray that if there be any way to keep these young campers from tragedy and pain in their lives that it be done; but if that isn’t possible, I pray that God’s will would be accomplished in and through their lives. Amen.

“Take this cup from me…” (Luke 22:42).

No comments:

Post a Comment