Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, July 12, 2010

End Breast Cancer

The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days in the fight to end breast cancer. I’ll be walking on August 13, 14, and 15 in the Detroit area. That’s 20 miles per day in weather that will very likely be hotter than 90 degrees every day.

Did you know that 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime? 1 in 1,000 men will also be diagnosed. Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer for the people I love. Read about my inspiration for Mission #4 on my blog.

Watch me continue to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace as I train for this walk and interact with the thousands of other men and women whose lives have been changed because of breast cancer. You’ll get to hear about the beautiful places I train along with some of the difficulties in training for such a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment