Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Worship Music

Calvary Chapel in Uganda is a beautiful, spirit-filled place. But there is something about worshipping in my own church that really moves me. Being gone for one or two weeks is generally tolerable, but the idea of being gone for five weeks without the worship music that brings me closer to God…not sitting well. I know there are many ways to be closer to God, but for me there is something spiritually communal about worship time.

While we’re on the subject, what will I do about having a little country music to listen to? I can live without country music…I think. But if I have to solve the problem of worship music why not throw in a little country music too.

Have you ever tried naming the songs you love beyond the first three? Building an iTunes playlist of worship and country music has proven challenging. And then…there are only so many good CDs you can get from the library at the last minute. I did purchase a few songs from iTunes as a last resort (The Stand, Glory to God), but my overall list is pretty sad. What current songs do you love? Help me build my list, please.

And then there is the question of whether iTrip will work in Uganda. I’ve got a few long drives ahead and hoped the music would be agreeable with the rest of the team. Oh the things you never think of when traveling extensively.

No comments:

Post a Comment