Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Three Months

Fewer than three months separate me from the end of My Second Year. That I can think ahead that far is a minor miracle in and of itself, but to think that I’ve almost made it through another year without Rick is another accomplishment…not that I had a choice.

On one hand I feel the weight of answering the question about what year three will look like – will I get back into “real life” or will missions continue? On another hand I actually press myself not to look ahead that far – I might miss something God has planned for me that isn’t yet prepared. So here I am in that “in between” state again. I must admit, though, that this “in between-ness” is becoming relatively comfortable…although never easy.

I believe I can hear God’s voice so much more clearly, and I believe that I’m more willing and free to respond to his voice when I do hear it. From the outside looking in, I’m not sure any of My Second Year makes sense, but I have been quite comfortable here…authentically working through my new normal alongside people who love me (way more people than I ever knew).

This final short-term mission trip to Uganda will be the last trip in My Second Year. A few weeks of reflection and then My Second Year blog will close too, about which there are so many implications. These ends, though, do not signal THE end but instead they signal the beginning of something new. Even though I don’t know what that new thing will be I do know that it will come from God and that it will be good.


“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment