Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunrise and Monkeys

Sitting on a giant rock beyond the rickety fence, I watched the sun rise over the edge of the mountain. The giant orb was easily distinguishable until the sun fully passed over the tops of the trees. Then upward it went to warm the day. The falls were in shadow but the rumble of water charging toward the earth remained.

Rustling trees and bushes immediately to my left drew my attention. Monkeys. Several dozen grey monkeys spied me cautiously from their perches deep under the cover of the lush leaves. Few paused in plain sight long enough for a photo. One watchfully climbed onto the rock where I sat but departed just as quickly. Notice the lush landscape in on the side of the mountain behind the monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment