Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Uganda Welcoming Party

I kept trying to peek out the far-away window as I waited for my luggage…which couldn’t have come fast enough. The airport was fairly empty as most flights seem to arrive in the evening. A crowd was gathered around the door because they were not allowed into the airport to greet their loved ones. It didn’t take long to recognize the very broad smiling Gabriel and then Annie and Lauren. There is nothing quite like coming to a place, any place, where people are so happy to see you. They made me feel so loved and welcome. Going to heaven will be like that –even better. I keep thinking of the Christian song Coming Home (no link due to expensive internet).

Where was Henry on his boda-boda? Everything was so familiar as we drove toward Lauren’s duplex. By 8:30 I was tearing into my luggage. I think Lauren was most pleased with the quilted Northern toilet paper I brought for her.

I was starting to wind down so Gabriel and Lauren left to run a few errands for me – internet modem and SIM card, cases of bottled water, and money exchange. I…took a nap. And boy did I sleep well. I really wanted to go on these errands rather than be a big poop so soon, but they were very kind as they left me locked in Lauren’s house to sleep. Apparently the neighbor kids still come wandering in whenever they feel like it if the doors aren’t locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment