Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Malindi, Kenya

The next morning Kathy and I flew to Malindi where Jeremiah, another faithful driver, was waiting to take us to where the Bible school was being held. A big thanks to all the wonderful local people who drive missionaires all over town and then help be sure they're safe while they're visiting.


Malindi is a coastal town to the Indian Ocean. The population is just over 120,000 and its main industry is tourism, particularly among Italians. The African children here often greet us with a "Chow." A drive through town left me feeling a bit like we passed through an African Saugatuk. Perhaps I'll have an opporutnity to walk through later this week.

After Bible school and before dinner, Kathy and I strolled out to the ocean. We passed by three men who professed their deep love for Kathy and me. The tide was out so we kicked off our shoes and dipped our toes in this warm water. Large boats were docked off a far-away pier, bobbing in the waves. We came across a dead puffer fish…all puffed up. Something about having my photo taken with a dead puffer fish seems a little off.

The stroll was relaxing, the scenery was more than beautiful, and I so appreciated the direction the conversation took. Kathy is such a wonderful woman. I am so blessed to have gotten to know her these past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment