Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Henry's Mother

Search the term “Henry” on my blog and you’ll find several posts about this man who called me “big brained and broad minded.” We happened to be traveling past his mother’s house and pulled in for a short visit. This woman came running out, glad to have company, and hugged me immediately. She thought I was Laura from Mercy Uganda (we do look a little alike).

She ran into the house to put on a different dress and was immediately prepared to pose for her photo with me even after learning that I was not Laura. Ugandans tend to have very serious faces in their photos. I was proud to meet this woman from whom Henry inherited all of his unbridled charisma. She picked one of every kind of flower and handed them to me between Lugunda cheers of “praise God.”

About the photo of me smelling the flowers, Gabriel said “you are bright.”

No comments:

Post a Comment