Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, September 3, 2010

Fondue Pots and Puzzles

No garage sale would be complete without a fondue pot, and I’ve got just the one. It’s a beautiful avocado green and comes with all the pokey utensils. Puzzles are another prerequisite for garage sales, and I have four. Their images range from flowers, to trees, to stately mansions. I really don’t know if all the pieces are there.

I also have a lot of vintage items – old metal Faygo and 7 up signs, old catcher’s masks, old Maxwell House Coffee tins, and more. Let’s face it, vintage is not great in garage sales if you want to get their market value. Those dishes I bought when I was 15 – those really expensive Mary Hadley ones from Carl Forslunds – those are in the sale too. Again, probably not garage sale material but why not try.

Framed photography from various national park vacations and 8x8 tiles painted at the Mud Room draw kind comments from almost every visitor but no buyers. Probably the wrong venue again. Well, I am emptying out my house as originally compelled and some things are just a bit nicer than garage sale quality. I praise God for that. In the mean time, I’ve raised $395 so far and need to reach $1,300 to be properly funded according to Mercy Uganda request.

I’ve put a few suggested funding projects on my blog – Gabriel’s roof and Herbert’s orphans – but I know others will arise while I’m in the country. There are also very high expenses related to my own travel, lodging, and food specific to ministry efforts. I realize some of you have all been giving generously throughout My Second Year, for which I am forever grateful, and continuing to do so for this last trip of the year would be taxing. But would you, particularly if you haven’t already, consider making a donation so that I can meet peoples’ needs in Uganda and/or to assist with some personal expenses related to ministry work? Together with others, your donation will make a difference.

I depart on Thursday, September 9 and look forward to sharing stories from Uganda once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment