Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nairobi, Kenya

I arrived in Kenya without a hitch. Kimani was faithfully waiting, “Leslie Mosher” sign in hand, to take me to Rosslyn Academy where Kathy was giving music lessons. How sweet it was to see this lovely woman again.

Nairobi is the most populace city in East Africa, with more 3 million people. Based on my observations at one shopping center (and thus an extreme generalization), Nairobi seems to be one of the most diverse cities as well. Because of the presence of a number of large government agencies, Nairobi is also a financially well-to-do area, although the slums are prevalent too. I hope to learn more about these dark places when I return from Malindi.

Many missionaries use Nairobi as a hub to reach some of the more outlying African towns, as do the leaders of Biblical Life Ministries. After school I settled in to my room at the Johnson’s house and enjoyed some time with Kathy and her girls. I just love this family and I have learned so much from them about what being a full time missionary is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment