Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, September 20, 2010

Flower Boy

Gabriel and Henry surprised me with a small bundle of pink, yellow, and purple flowers picked from the Lweza Guest House yard. Although the little red ants love flowers and could easily be found tucked deep into the center, I inhaled the fragrance of roses, marigolds, and those purple flowers...whatever they are. I carried those flowers all over town with me for most of the day.

Once we arrived at the new office space, the children began to swarm. Upon departure, one little boy was more than excited to poke his head into our van. I handed him my little wilting bundle of flowers and he danced with excitement. I thought about how happy that little bundle of ant-filled flowers made me and that the flowers gave that joy a second time to this little boy. Would that all gifts could give like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment