Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are My Motives Pure?

Do I long to be in Uganda
…because of the beautiful children?
…because of the kind women?
…because of my passion for education?
…because we make a difference in the lives of some of these people?
…because we identify critical needs and find ways to meet them?
…because Jesus is there?

Or do I long to be in Uganda
…because I was welcomed and accepted?
…because I was appreciated?
…because I was loved?
…because I was helped?
…because I was cared about?
…because I was cared for?

You see, I believe the answer to all these questions is yes. But I feel a measure of caution because of the second list. I am keenly aware of the dearth of all the things during this season of my life. This scarcity may give me a propensity to connect wherever I can have these emotional needs met. I don’t want to be unfair to my dear friends by loving them only because I have a need to be loved. Does that make any sense? I guess relationship is by definition a mutual affair.

1 comment:

  1. I believe one answer to your question, "loving them only because I have a need to be loved", is love is from God and Uganda may be just the place at this time for you to get a good dose of HIS love. Love from God is never unfair! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete