Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Final Word on Mission #5

Of course, the Mercy Uganda trip is scheduled right at the same time as the Hospice training. So, with a clear sense of God’s will that I return to Uganda, I will delay the Hospice training until spring of 2011. This delay means that Hospice will begin beyond My Second Year and thus will not be part of this blog. Instead, a return trip to Uganda and a possible side trip to Kenya will take its place either as Mission Trip #3b or as Mission Trip #5.

I questioned whether or not to include a second trip to Uganda in the My Second Year blog. Does it even count to go to the same place twice? If God is truly laying out a plan for my life and helping me to accomplish my purpose, then talking about a second Uganda trip as part of My Second Year is absolutely appropriate.

Whatever happens, I know that God is ordering my steps and that having a shorter term vision for my future means that I am becoming flexible enough to make decisions for the immediate future rather than feeling like I have to have the next five to twenty years planned out.

So there it is, Uganda (Mission #5) AND Hospice (later).

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27). It’s not always easy to hear that voice, but it is becoming more and more familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment