Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, August 20, 2010

Reflections So Far

As I sought God’s will for My Second Year, I knew that my purpose – to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace – would be fulfilled through missions. I really had no idea what that meant – I assumed the missions would be short-term and I assumed there would be three and I assumed they would all be “official” missions. Today I know that my assumptions will almost always be wrong because God never fits into that human paradigm I put him in.

During My Second Year I will have participated in a domestic (Alaska) and international (Uganda) mission trip. I will have volunteered at a local camp (Lake Ann Camp). I will have walked 60 miles for a cause (Susan G. Komen for the Cure). And I will have signed up to be a Hospice volunteer, Mission #5 (more about that later). Together these are very diverse experiences.

What is God preparing me for? This year seems to be so much more than grieving, healing, and missions. It seems to be about acknowledging my place with God and finding my place in the world. It’s about hearing his voice, trusting that feeling inside, and responding with abandon and without fear.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment