Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, August 13, 2010

The 3-Day: Morning Day #1

4:30 a.m. just slammed me in the face. My bag is packed but surely it weighs more than the 35 pound limit. I only packed what was on their list – I mean, I even almost forgot to bring non-walking clothes. Was it meant to be a trick…getting all this stuff into one bag that weighs less than 35 pounds?

I definitely did not forget to pack my pink happy shoes. They’re so bright I had to name them my “happy shoes” so people wouldn’t think I was weird for buying Crocs of that color. Okay, well, the case for my being weird may not hinge only on these shoes. Everything else I brought to wear is pink too…I’m so original.

The weather is predicted to be 88 degrees and sunny all day. No worries about protecting my gear from the rain, although I did bring lots of plastic. I’m thinking I’d like to add to my already dark complexion by avoiding sun block…but…that little voice in my head says that’s not such a good idea.

I’ll take a cab the 0.8 miles from the hotel to the check-in point at Oakland Community College only because my bag is so stinkin’ heavy. I’ll probably need that 0.8 miles of energy for the walk tomorrow anyhow. I’m leaving my car in the hotel parking lot. I’m thinking I should put a sign on it that says something like “I have 180,000 miles, don’t bother me.”

Let’s see…what else? I did bring my computer but I don’t know if I’ll have access to post. If nothing else I have an 11 hour battery that will let me do the writing I so enjoy so that you can read about and see pictures of the event when I get back. Don’t forget to “Like” Susan G. Komen The 3-Day for the Cure so that you can get updates throughout the day. I know you’re so excited about that.

Thank you to everyone who made a donation and to all the neighbors who did likewise. I would not be doing this without you. You are the awesomist! But mostly, thank you to Aunt Jean and Aunt Jill for being so sweet to me that first year. Okay…here I go…

No comments:

Post a Comment