Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 1: Bedtime

My tent was ready for me and my tent mate never showed up, thank goodness. The tent is just big enough for two twin mattresses side by side. With just me, I have room for my gear bag and a little more spreading out. Camp closes at 9:00 p.m. and we were all warned to “get to bed.” The view from my door was beautiful. A lady in the tent kiddy-corner from me was very loudly giving her condolences to her friend’s husband whose father passed away that day.

Because of the heat, I just lay on the mattress on my back trying to be still and get cool. I kinda like the air mattress approach except for the slow loss of air…very comfortable. Camp did wind down early but because I’m a light sleeper I kept coming back awake. We were told that we “had better” get up and pee during the night or we weren’t drinking enough. Well, I can hold it for quite a while plus I did not want to get up in the middle of the night. However, every other camper did have to pee in the middle of the night so…I finally slept to the sound of tent zippers going up and down all night.

And it was evening and it was morning the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment