Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 3: The Walk

I freely and regrettably admit that I did a very poor job of taking pictures on Day 3, the most important day of all.

Waiting for the 7:00 a.m. start time, a good half hour of additional heat was added to the day as compared to previous day’s starts, I stood next to Jerry. I didn’t know it then, but Jerry and I would walk the entire third day together. As usual the walkers stayed bunched up after we left the gate. A few stop lights later and we were sufficiently spread so as not to be constantly passing one another in the wet grass to the left.

Pit Stops and Grab ‘n’ Gos were plentiful and gave the feeling of making real progress just when my feet were aching to be finished. The blisters, though, seemed not to be bothersome at all. Commando was definitely the right way to go.

Jerry is a 35-year retired Sergeant Major in the United States Air Force. He is married and loves dogs. His walk was for a friend who had breast cancer. I enjoyed Jerry’s company and loved how quickly the walk passed with his conversations. He kept me motivated without even saying a word. He also had a long stride, whew. Thank you Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment