Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Calvary Chapel, Namulanda

Lauren took a boda boda (motorcycle) to church this morning because of her broken foot. I, on the other hand, had to be all independent and walk there. At one point I started wondering if I’d gone too far. I was paying close attention to the landmarks – kinda hard to miss the big pink building where I was to turn – but I still wondered. I figured if I couldn’t find it I’d go back home and all the worried people could find me on the porch there. The distance wasn’t far, maybe a mile or a little more and half that distance was uphill on a dirt road. I hadn’t accounted properly for the sweat factor, which is pretty high by 9:00 a.m. in Africa in a long skirt.

Special guests Pastor Eddie and Pastor Phillip came from Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa, California. They’re operating a medical mission this week in Uganda and arrived early just for this occasion. Pastor Eddie installed Pastor Wilson in the Namulanda, Uganda church. I was so blessed to be part of this ceremony for Pastor Wilson and for this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment