Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rodent Problem: Update

Glue lines every doorway in Lauren’s small duplex. The tables helped with a few doorways to ensure we didn’t step in the glue and Lauren put a crutch across her doorway. I joked that she shouldn’t shut her door at night because the door might stick shut, but she did anyhow. Rather than the door sticking shut, she stepped in the glue on her first attempt to exit her room. I couldn’t help but laugh. She did a pretty good job containing the glue this time. Now if I could just get her to replace the empty toilet paper roll…

Okay, so I thought no mouse was in the house but I didn’t check under the broom in the kitchen doorway! As I turned to high step over the table in the kitchen doorway with my hands full of breakfast dishes and pineapple chunks, I spotted him. He must have gotten sleepy after fighting to get his little feet loose because he was lying on his side all good and stuck. I thought only a putty knife would get this little guy off the floor. At least he wasn’t in MY bedroom.

After Lauren and I debated about whose responsibility it was to clean him up, we both decided Gabriel should do it. Faithful man that he is, Gabriel left his breakfast waiting and came right over. Apparently the proper way to dispose of such things is by fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment