Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Critical Evaluation Continued Again

4. I wonder if I really and truly heard and obeyed God or if I have simply chased an adventure?

How do I know if I was really doing what God wanted me to do? I answer the question by thinking about how I came to a decision and how I feel after making it. In some of my early blog posts I talked about how short-term missions was the result of prophetic words from several different people who didn’t know what the others had said. I talked about how these folks could never have known that missions was on my long since forgotten bucket list. Only the Holy Spirit could orchestrate all that.

As the year progressed, I had to make many decisions about which missions to participate in. I had this internal sense of indecision until a specific mission was revealed at which point I had absolute confidence and peace about the choice. All of the missions, with the exception of Alaska, were not missions I would have chosen for myself. I had no latent desire to go to these places or serve in the way I did. But I knew that I knew that I knew they were the right ones. Again, I’m just not smart enough to have put all that together myself.

Yes, My Second Year has certainly been an adventure too. Isn’t it only God who can make something that seems so unbearable so simple? The year was about grieving and healing and he made it about transformation by using these missions and the people I meet along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment