Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Critical Evaluation Continued

3. I wonder if all that I was given to do has been done well or if I have wasted time, money, energy, and heart on something inconsequential. Have I made a difference for the Kingdom?

I may be my own worst critic (that sneaky perfectionism); however, just these few examples speak for themselves:
• Nome, Alaska: Practical work at the musher’s banquet ensured that 800 people were fed. Prayer walks hopefully pushed back the enemy just a little. Visiting the senior center reinforced the caring ministry.
• Small Village, Alaska: Church services deepened preexisting relationships. My personal testimony touched women whose husbands also died. Prayer walks reclaimed the village for Christ.
• Uganda: We provided mosquito nets, school tuition, clothing, sewing machines, and seed money for a fruit stand. We held a women’s conference about business ethics and about marriage. We developed business plans for Mercy Uganda.
• Lake Ann Camp: Practical work in the kitchen (my least favorite place to be) modeled service for the students working there for the summer. We worshipped, hard. I connected with a young guy whose father had just died.
• The 3-Day: I raised awareness about breast cancer and drew a small neighborhood together in the process. I prayed with women who lost loved ones. I walked and walked and walked and healed a little myself.
• Uganda 2: I prayed for the sick during medical clinics in remote villages, conducted a women’s Bible study for widows, advocated for several children, and learned more about a culture than I really wanted to know.

A few experiences were too personal to others for me to include in my blog, but each mission resulted in some deep connection for a grieving person, which also helped me grieve. Have I made a difference? I think the answer is yes, although there is always more that could have been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment