Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Super Cool Moments

Two super cool things happened while at the church for Bible study.

David pointed out one woman who was lying on the floor in the back of the church. He indicated that she was sick. Although I may not have followed the proper protocol for supernatural healing, we prayed for healing for her as a whole church. By the middle of the program, the lady was sitting up and attentive. I talked with her briefly during the time of jewelry making and she indicated that she was feeling much better. Whew and yea God!

Later, one of the women brought smiling Betty to me and told me that Betty was also a widow. This mid-to-late 20s Betty told me that her husband died of heart failure just five months ago. According to Ugandan social custom, Betty was allowed to grieve for two weeks. This beautiful woman clung to me so hard I almost couldn’t breathe. We prayed together and enjoyed the presence of God in our quiet little space in the center of the room, while others simply allowed us the time we needed together. Precious and yea God again!

How can I ever explain the truth behind the idea that if you bless others you will also be blessed? I never understood the reality of this economy until recently, and today I would say that my “gift” to these women was absolutely paltry compared to their gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment