Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, October 1, 2010

It Should Have Been Me

As the Bible school came to a close, the final teaching was about the Passion of Christ. Kelly told the familiar story in a way that so touched me on this particular day. I admit that the brutal story often brings tears to my eyes, but when Kelly reminded me that it should have been me on that cross tears ran down my face. I should be the one to pay for my own sins. I should be the one to suffer and die.

Would you be willing to send your child to death to save someone else’s child? To be honest, I’m not sure I would…as a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t. What parent doesn’t believe that their kids are the end all? That they would do ANYTHING to protect their children? I’m sure God felt this way about his Son too…yet he still sent him to die for me. I cannot even fathom such a gift. Not even close. It should have been me!

Praise God for such a sacrifice that has more meaning to me today than ever before. Because of that enormous gift, I will get to see Rick again. I have the hope of seeing everyone I love again. I will see Jesus, the great comforter. How can I ever thank him?

No comments:

Post a Comment