Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Resolution for My Disquieting

I acknowledged in a previous post that Jesus could be the intimate lover of my soul. He is all that my husband can no longer be. I call on him when I find myself face-to-face with the realization that I cannot do, or feel, or think without Rick’s presence. I know that this is a right attitude. I have been practicing this for the past year (practicing is the operative word). But what about authority?

I know that I was under my husband’s authority. I know that without a husband I am not reverted to being under my father’s authority, but instead come under the authority of Jesus. I know these things and I’ve tried to live accordingly. Yet, a witness of the Spirit revealed that I’ve never actually transferred this authority from Rick to Jesus. Instead I’ve been looking one way and another for something that doesn’t exist anymore until I finally realized that I should be looking for the Holy Spirit.

With the help of my pastor, in his spiritual authority, we declared this transference by praying together. The disquieting left my spirit and I realized that this was yet another way I had to let go of the one I loved.

“Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you” (Hebrews 13:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment