Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Personal Testimony

The ability to give my personal testimony is recommended by the various resources I’ve been studying in preparation for mission work. Charles Swindoll, in his book Come Before Winter, suggested that a personal testimony look something like this:

1. You want to be listened to, so be interesting.
2. You want to be understood, so be logical.
3. You want the moment of your new birth to be clear, so be specific.
4. You want your testimony to be used, so be practical.
5. You want your testimony to produce results, so be warm and genuine.

I’ve always felt like my testimony was kind of lame and not at all compelling. I grew up in a Sunday Christian home and don’t have any tragic stories to tell. I never had a defining moment that wrecked me for Jesus. On one hand, thank God for that. On the other hand, what could I possibly share with others as a testimony about knowing Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment